Bookings Welcomed For The Newly Refurbished
The Reading Room is a Victorian building given to the village by Charles Fairbrother in 1887. This is commemorated by an inscription on the top right of the building. Originally it was a place where men could go as an alternative to the pub and they were provided with newspapers and books. It was not until the time of the First World War (1914 – 1918) that women began to use it.
Today it is used as the village hall, where it hosts a variety of activities, from parish council meetings to children’s parties, films to art classes, and many more village activities. The main hall has recently been refurbished, paid for by grants and kind donations from both private individuals, and organisations within the parish.
booking info contact Doreen England on (01295) 760744