MASTER COMPOSTERS - The Next Intake
Hello, I’m emailing all Northamptonshire Parish Councils to promote our volunteer scheme. I’d like to inform your local residents about our next intake for Master Composters if at all possible? We are currently recruiting for a new batch of volunteers to help us promote home composting. Our next training will take place next month although regular training sessions are organised constantly throughout the year. We are very happy to invite people onto our waiting list should they not be able to make the next training date.
Please can you use the below information to create a newsletter article, agenda item or notice board feature? Any assistance will be very much appreciated.
My name is Rebecca and I am the Master Compost Coordinator. I work for Northamptonshire County Council and administer the Master Composter scheme on behalf of the Northamptonshire Waste Partnership (a working group consisting of all eight Northamptonshire local authorities).
I’m pleased to announce that our next intake for volunteers will taking place shortly.
Volunteering as a Master Composter has a number of benefits:
- Annual membership of Garden Organic giving volunteers access to a number of UK gardens and GO HQ at Ryton (http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/support_us/membership.php)
- The opportunity to spread enthusiasm for gardening and composting to other people.
- A full Master Composter uniform including gloves, fleece, polo shirt and hat.
- Books on composting, first aid kit and other accessories.
- Extensive and ongoing training and resources on composting by composting experts.
In the role volunteers will:
- Attend both large and small events on behalf on the Northamptonshire Waste Partnership in order to talk to people about composting.
- Organise local events or talks on composting to spread the message.
- Help people to overcome problems or advise on troubleshooting solutions for a misbehaving compost bin.
- Commit to at least 30 volunteer hours a year.
We will be holding our next training session on Saturday 22nd September at Brixworth Country Park. We would like to invite volunteers to this event. Follow up training is scheduled to held on 6th October which will then complete the Master Composting training. Ideally, volunteers will be available to attend both days. We currently have 8 people on our waiting list which is an ideal number to train all at once. However if there is sufficient additional interest we may be able to organise an additional training round for those unable to make the above dates.
To find out more or register interest in being a Master Composter, people can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Details will be keep on record and people invited to the next suitable training date. More information is available on www.RecycleforNorthamptonshire.co.uk.
Please note that the meeting on 22ndSeptember is NOT a drop in session; interested parties must register to attend the event.
I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks
Waste Campaigns Officer
Guildhall Road Block