Funded Early Learning for 2 year olds
Northamptonshire County Council introduced the offer of Funded Early Learning places from April 2013 to all eligible families with a 2 year old who live in Northamptonshire.
Is my 2 year old eligible for a funded place?
Parents/carers can now check their eligibility by using our Online Eligibility Checker (OEC).
The OEC is simple to use and takes you through a step-by-step process to check. To be eligible a parent/carer must have an income below £16,190 and be claiming the one of the following state benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Element of the State Pension Credit
- Or Child Tax Credit, provided you have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs
You cannot be in receipt of Working Tax Credit (except during the four-week period immediately after the employment ceases, or after you start to work fewer than 16 hours per week.