| home | search | back |

home > parish council > village notice board > do you need a licence?


Village Notice Board




Description: cid:/assets/SNClogo.jpg


Find us on Twitter: @SNorthantsC




Press Release


Date: June 2014





Do you need a licence for your event this summer?


Organisers of events this summer that involve sales of alcohol, regulated entertainment (music, singing, dancing, plays, film) or late-night refreshments (hot food and drink between 11pm and 5am) will need to apply to South Northamptonshire Council (SNC) for a temporary event notice (TEN).

An application must be received by the licensing authority, SNC, a minimum of 10 working days before the event at a cost of £21.  A copy of the application must also be sent to Northamptonshire Police.

Councillor Andrew Grant, portfolio holder for environmental services, said: "If you are planning an activity that requires a TEN, please make sure you apply in time and avoid the risk of having to cancel it at the last moment."


Application can be made online at www.southnorthants.gov.uk/temporaryevent or you can contact the Licensing Team by email licensing@southnorthants.gov.uk or telephone 01327 322315. Forms can also be collected from our offices in Springfields, Towcester.


• The Licensing Act 2003 allows individuals to carry out licensable activities on a temporary basis for a period not exceeding 168 hours
• The event must involve not more that 499 people at any one time, although more people may attend over the whole course of the event
• In all cases the person applying for the licence must be over 18 years old.





home > parish council > village notice board > do you need a licence?

| home | search | back | top