Local Crime Update March
|Message sent by
|Lynne Rosher (C0997) (Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner , News Publishing Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire )
Recent incidents of note (NB scroll down for update of 06 March 2015)
• Items were stolen from the glove box of a vehicle in Station Road, Helmdon between 6pm Monday 23rd February and 6.45am Tuesday 24th February
• A laptop was stolen from the boot of a vehicle in Station Road, Helmdon between 7.30pm Monday 23rd February and 9.18am Tuesday 24th February.
• Items were stolen overnight from a property in Cross Lane, Helmdon between 23rd February and 24th February
• An insecure garage and car were searched at a property in Shortlands Close, Helmdon overnight between 23rd February and 24th February but no items were stolen.
• Burglars entered via an unlocked garden gate and stole pedal cycles from a garden in Wayneflete Avenue, Brackley between 7pm Wednesday 25th February and 7.30am Thursday 26th February
• An exhaust system was removed from a vehicle in Manor Road, Brackley between 7.30pm on Tuesday 24th February and 7.10am Wednesday 25th February
• A catalytic converter was removed from a vehicle in Manor Road, Brackley between 7.00pm on Tuesday 24th February and 8.30am Wednesday 25thFebruary
• An exhaust was stolen from a motor vehicle in Dands Drive, Middleton Cheney between 5pm Wednesday 25th February and 9am Thursday 26th February
• A laptop was stolen from a property in Laws Croft, Brackley between 10.30pm and 11.59pm Wednesday 25th February. Access was through an unlocked front door.
• Property was stolen from an insecure garage in Terrington Close, Brackley between 9am Wednesday 25th February and 7.45am Thursday 26th February.
• Items were stolen from a vehicle in Whitfield between 5pm Friday 27th February and 9.30am Saturday 28th February
• A dog was stolen from an outdoor kennel in Marston St Lawrence between 11.59pm Friday 27th February and 9am Saturday 28th February.
• A silver Nissan Micra and trailer were stolen from a property in Silverstone between 6pm Tuesday 3rd March and 8am on Wednesday 4th March.
Anyone with information please call us on 101 or alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police and Crime summary – Updated news
Update 06 March 2015
In relation to the Police and Crime update, number 104465, sent to you this morning from the Brackley office, we would like to update you on some of the crimes that were reported.
In relation to the crimes reported in Brackley overnight of the 25 and 26 February, a man was arrested near the scene of one of the incidents and some of the stolen items recovered. The man was not local and was also wanted by another force for further offences, he was remanded in custody, and the investigation is ongoing.
It is also thought that the crimes in Helmdon were committed by the same man arrested in Brackley and enquiries are ongoing in relation to these offences.
The theft of a dog from Marston St Lawrence has been cancelled after the dog was returned to the owner. We were informed that the incident had been a misunderstanding and that the dog had not actually been stolen.