Your Local Heart Support Group
We are a friendly and informal group who meet once a month in Towcester. The group aims to support anyone in the Towcester area who has a heart condition, their family members/carers, as well as parents of children and young people with a heart condition. We aim to provide a supportive environment in which those attending can share their ‘heart’ experiences/achievements if they wish, as well as their queries/concerns.
We also aim to:
- Meet socially, and provide a varied and interesting programme of events/activities
- liaise with local health resources and contribute to health forums/service user groups such as PALs in order to improve NHS care and support for heart patients
- interact with other local Heart Support Groups
- discuss ways to improve life style
- provide members with current thoughts and literature on heart conditions, treatments and aftercare for cardiac patients
- fund raise in support of the group
- support the British Heart Foundation
We meet monthly on the 3rd Thursday, at the Chantry House, Market Square, Towcester, 7pm – 8.30pm.
Meetings in 2017 (£2 entrance fee for guests):
19.10.17 – Speaker from the Ambulance Service – defibrillators/Community First Responders
16.11.17 – Speaker from Cardiac Team, NGH – new developments in heart condition treatments, heart health.
21.12 17 – Christmas Get-together J all welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact Annie on 07554150870 -annieharris2001@aol/com, or you can just come along on the night, when you will receive a warm welcome.