Please be aware that a white Ford Transit van was recently stolen from Anglian Water although it may not be marked in Anglian Water livery. A separate theft of Anglian Water uniforms also occurred recently.
Be on your guard and to not allow anyone to enter your home unless you are completely satisfied who they are
The following steps are advised.
1. Make sure your doors and windows are locked at all times.
2. Do not open the door even if the caller has a uniform on.
3. If possible speak to the caller from an upstairs window.
4. Ask them for their names and where they are from.
5. Call Anglian Water to check they are legitimate on 0800 145 145.
6. If you are still in any doubt please contact Northamptonslhire Police on 08453 700 700 or dial 999 in an emergency.
We have been notified that copies of Thames Valley Business Pages are to be delivered to homes in the following postcodes over a period of 2-3 weeks commencing the 17th January...
NN1 to NN7
NN10 TO NN13 inclusive
The delivery agents have been instructed not to leave directories on view from the street but this is sometimes unavoidable.
It would be helpful if friends/neighbours can keep an eye out for these if you are out at work all day.
FINALLY Crime Prevention Officers will be in the Grosvenor Centre from 10am to 4 pm on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th January to security mark mobile phones. The marking is free and will only take a few minutes. A marked phone is less appealing to criminals and easier for the police to return if recovered after a theft.
The Northamptonshire Police can be contacted on 08453 700700. Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 08000 555111. All calls and information that identifies offenders will be treated with strictest confidence.