The Welsh Lane (B4525) is named after the drovers who for centuries
took cattle along it from Wales to be fattened in Northamptonshire
for the London market. It is part of an old British trackway along
In 1687 the churchwardens gave money to "a poor Welshman driving beasts
Today it is a busy link road from the A43 to Banbury and the M40 motorway.