| home | search | back |
helmdon.com®
 
home > trail > weston hill cottages
 

Helmdon Trail - Weston Hill Cottages

 

Weston Hill Cottages

There is evidence that Weston Hill cottages (now Weston House) was originally the village school.  In 1732 a former rector of Helmdon, George Jones AM, left £20 in his will for the building and running of a school.  On the enclosure map there is no sign of a building on Weston Hill but there is a south-facing building on the site of the present war memorial.  At some date after 1758 the building was moved up the hill to where it stands today.

There is information on the buildings of Helmdon in Aspects of Helmdon no 6

 

 

 

 



 

home > trail > weston hill cottages


| home | search | back | top
helmdon.com®